微信扫一扫 分享朋友圈

已有 27695 人浏览分享

开启左侧

英语版聊专帖

[复制链接]
27695 294
constantine  曼省名人  发表于 2007-11-23 11:59:10 | 显示全部楼层
what\'s that?
政府是以垄断暴力来牟利的人的组织,是生活的成本,可以想象的理想世界是准许人民带着财产自由离境的国家竞争秩序。 纳税人无主权也无治权:羊毛出在羊身上却不属于羊。政府财税政策权属主权人,是治权人事务。 自由派削党国之权;民主派夺党国之权。 Freedom is not free

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Family  贵宾  发表于 2007-11-23 16:26:26 | 显示全部楼层
just a paragraph from the TOEFL book.
无聊的猪猪!郁闷的肥肥!!懒惰的胖胖!!!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Robin  曼省名人  发表于 2007-11-25 03:00:25 | 显示全部楼层
interesting..

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Family  贵宾  发表于 2007-11-25 03:02:53 | 显示全部楼层
Really?  But  I don\'t think so.
无聊的猪猪!郁闷的肥肥!!懒惰的胖胖!!!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Family  贵宾  发表于 2007-11-29 06:41:47 | 显示全部楼层

review something

Scientific management has 2 important implicants:
1.  There is, theoretically at least, little need to train the individual since, by definition, the incumbent is always qualified to perform the defined tasks.
2.  New Priority on People Management.
无聊的猪猪!郁闷的肥肥!!懒惰的胖胖!!!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Robin  曼省名人  发表于 2007-11-29 19:17:23 | 显示全部楼层
布什语录,大大扩充英语词汇,让英语上升到了一个更高的层次。恩,那些背完红宝书还是觉得不够的,可以订购\"布什语录\"背一下。
恩,我来帮助大家导读一下! (这是一个明显的布什性的GMAT语法错误,哈哈)
for more: http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushisms.htm
\"[I]t\'sa myth to think I don\'t know what\'s going on. It\'s a myth to think thatI\'m not aware that there\'s opinions that don\'t agree with mine, becauseI\'m fully aware of that.\" ?George W. Bush, Philadelphia, Pa., Dec. 12,2005 (GMAT错误,

\"I mean, there was a serious internationaleffort to say to Saddam Hussein, you\'re a threat. And the 9/11 attacksextenuated that threat, as far as I-concerned.\" ?George W. Bush,Philadelphia, Dec. 12, 2005  (历史错误 )

\"I think we are welcomed. But it was not a peaceful welcome.\" ?George W. Bush, defending Vice President Dick Cheney\'s pre-war assertion that the United States would be welcomed in Iraq as liberators, NBC Nightly News interview, Dec. 12, 2005 (。。。个么怎么欢迎?)
\"Thosewho enter the country illegally violate the law.\" ?George W. Bush,Tucson, Ariz., Nov. 28, 2005 (这句是我最赞的,典型的GMAT错误,参我给的最前面的例句,哈哈)
\"Asa matter of fact, I know relations between our governments is good.\"?George W. Bush, on U.S.-South Korean relations, Washington D.C., Nov.8, 2005 (TOEFL语法错误,TOEFL=Test of English as FOREIGN Language///)
\"Wow!Brazil is big.\" ?George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil byBrazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil, Nov.6, 2005 (对的。。。小日本也可以把自己的地图印的很大,何况巴西...)
\"BinLaden says his own role is to tell Muslims, quote, \'what is good forthem and what is not.\'\" ?George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Oct. 6, 2005(没看懂...)
---------好了,不高兴评注下去了,有兴趣的人继续-----------------------------------
\"Ithink it\'s important to bring somebody from outside the system, thejudicial system, somebody that hasn\'t been on the bench and, therefore,there\'s not a lot of opinions for people to look at.\" ?George W. Bush,on the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, Washington,D.C., October 4, 2005
\"Welook forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job.That\'s what I\'m telling you.\" ?George W. Bush, Gulfport, Miss., Sept.20, 2005
\"If itwere to rain a lot, there is concern from the Army Corps of Engineersthat the levees might break. And so, therefore, we\'re cautious aboutencouraging people to return at this moment of history.\" ?George W.Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2005
\"Listen,I want to thank leaders of the ? in the faith ? faith-based andcommunity-based community for being here.\" ?George W. Bush, Washington,D.C., Sept. 6, 2005
\"Soplease give cash money to organizations that are directly involved inhelping save lives ? save the life who had been affected by HurricaneKatrina.\" ?George W. Bush, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2005
\"Ican\'t wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back intoneighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting thoseribbons that somebody is creating new jobs.\" ?George W. Bush,Poplarville, Miss., Sept. 5, 2005
\"Brownie,you\'re doing a heck of a job.\" ?George W. Bush, to FEMA directorMichael Brown, who resigned 10 days later amid criticism over his jobperformance, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005 (Listen to audio; read more stupid quotes about Hurricane Katrina)
\"We\'vegot a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we\'re going to save lives andstabilize the situation. And then we\'re going to help these communitiesrebuild. The good news is -- and it\'s hard for some to see it now --that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like itwas before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott\'s house -- he\'s lost hisentire house -- there\'s going to be a fantastic house. And I\'m lookingforward to sitting on the porch.\" (Laughter) --George W. Bush, touringhurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005
\"Mythoughts are, we\'re going to get somebody who knows what they\'retalking about when it comes to rebuilding cities.\" ?George W. Bush, onrebuilding New Orleans, Biloxi, Miss., Sept. 2, 2005
\"Americansshould be prudent in their use of energy during the course of the nextfew weeks. Don\'t buy gas if you don\'t need it.\" ?George W. Bush,Washington, D.C., Sept. 1, 2005
\"It\'stotally wiped out. ... It\'s devastating, it\'s got to be doublydevastating on the ground.\" ?George W. Bush, turning to his aides whilesurveying Hurricane Katrina flood damage from Air Force One , Aug. 31,2005
\"The bestplace for the facts to be done is by somebody who\'s spending timeinvestigating it.\" ?George W. Bush, on the probe into how CIA agentValerie Plame\'s identity was leaked, Washington D.C., July 18, 2005
\"I\'mlooking forward to a good night\'s sleep on the soil of a friend.\"?George W. Bush, on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005   \"Iwas going to say he\'s a piece of work, but that might not translate toowell. Is that all right, if I call you a \'piece of work\'?\" ?George W.Bush to Jean-Claude Juncker, prime minister of Luxembourg, Washington,D.C., June 20, 2005

\"Therelations with, uhh ? Europe are important relations, and they\'ve, uhh? because, we do share values. And, they\'re universal values, they\'renot American values or, you know ? European values, they\'re universalvalues. And those values ? uhh ? being universal, ought to be appliedeverywhere.\" ?George W. Bush, at a press conference with European Uniondignitaries, Washington, D.C., June 20, 2005
\"Yousee, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacksreminded us that we are at war.\" ?George W. Bush, on the Sept. 11attacks, Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005
\"Andthe second way to defeat the terrorists is to spread freedom. You see,the best way to defeat a society that is ? doesn\'t have hope, a societywhere people become so angry they\'re willing to become suiciders, is tospread freedom, is to spread democracy.\" ?George W. Bush, Washington,D.C., June 8, 2005 \"Itseemed like to me they based some of their decisions on the word of ?and the allegations ? by people who were held in detention, people whohate America, people that had been trained in some instances todisassemble ? that means not tell the truth.\" ?George W. Bush, on anAmnesty International report on prisoner abuse at Guantanamo Bay,Washington, D.C., May 31, 2005 (Listen to audio)
\"See,in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over andover again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult thepropaganda.\" ?George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005 (Listen to audio)
\"Wediscussed the way forward in Iraq, discussed the importance of ademocracy in the greater Middle East in order to leave behind apeaceful tomorrow.\" ?George W. Bush, Tbilisi, Georgia, May 10, 2005
\"Ithink younger workers ? first of all, younger workers have beenpromised benefits the government ? promises that have been promised,benefits that we can\'t keep. That\'s just the way it is.\" ?George W.Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2005
\"Itmeans your own money would grow better than that which the governmentcan make it grow. And that\'s important.\" ?George W. Bush, on whatprivate accounts could do for Social Security funds, Falls Church, Va.,April 29, 2005
\\\"I can only speak to myself.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
\\\"It\'sin our country\'s interests to find those who would do harm to us andget them out of harm\'s way.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April28, 2005
\\\"Weexpect the states to show us whether or not we\'re achieving simpleobjectives ? like literacy, literacy in math, the ability to read andwrite.\\\" ?George W. Bush, on federal education requirements, Washington,D.C., April 28, 2005
\\\"Heunderstands the need for a timely write of the constitution.\\\" ?GeorgeW. Bush, on Prime Minister Iyad Allawi of Iraq, Washington, D.C., April28, 2005
\\\"Well,we\'ve made the decision to defeat the terrorists abroad so we don\'thave to face them here at home. And when you engage the terroristsabroad, it causes activity and action.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington,D.C., April 28, 2005
\\\"ButIraq has ? have got people there that are willing to kill, and they\'rehard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure theirfuture.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
\\\"I appreciate my love for Laura.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 20, 2005
\\\"Wehave enough coal to last for 250 years, yet coal also prevents anenvironmental challenge.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 20,2005
\\\"art ofthe facts is understanding we have a problem, and part of the facts iswhat you\'re going to do about it.\\\"  ?George W. Bush, Kirtland, Ohio,April 15, 2005
\\\"I\'mgoing to spend a lot of time on Social Security. I enjoy it. I enjoytaking on the issue. I guess, it\'s the Mother in me.\\\" ?George W. Bush,Washington D.C., April 14, 2005
\\\"Welook forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make ?it would hope ? put a free press\'s mind at ease that you\'re not beingdenied information you shouldn\'t see.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington,D.C., April 14, 2005
\\\"Iwant to thank you for the importance that you\'ve shown for educationand literacy.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2005
\\\"I understand there\'s a suspicion that we?we\'re too security-conscience.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington D.C., April 14, 2005

\\\"Ifthey pre-decease or die early, there\'s an asset base to be able to passon to a loved one.\\\" ?George W. Bush, on Social Security money held inprivate accounts, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, March 30, 2005

[I\'m] occasionally reading, I want you to know, in the second term.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
\\\"Inthis job you\'ve got a lot on your plate on a regular basis; you don\'thave much time to sit around and wander, lonely, in the Oval Office,kind of asking different portraits, \'How do you think my standing willbe?\'\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
\\\"Interms of timetables, as quickly as possible ? whatever that means.\\\"?George W. Bush, on his time frame for shoring up Social Security,Washington D.C., March 16, 2005
\\\"Ilike the idea of people running for office. There\'s a positive effectwhen you run for office. Maybe some will run for office and say, votefor me, I look forward to blowing up America. I don\'t know, I don\'tknow if that will be their platform or not. But it\'s -- I don\'t thinkso. I think people who generally run for office say, vote for me, I\'mlooking forward to fixing your potholes, or making sure you got breadon the table.\\\" ?George W. Bush, on elections in the Middle East,Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
\\\"I repeat, personal accounts do not permanently fix the solution.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005
\\\"Thisnotion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simplyridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table.\\\"?George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005
\\\"Ifyou\'re a younger person, you ought to be asking members of Congress andthe United States Senate and the president what you intend to do aboutit. If you see a train wreck coming, you ought to be saying, what areyou going to do about it, Mr. Congressman, or Madam Congressman?\\\"?George W. Bush, Detroit, Mich., Feb. 8, 2005
\\\"Becausethe ? all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers.For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table;whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or priceincreases. There\'s a series of parts of the formula that are beingconsidered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers,affecting those ? changing those with personal accounts, the idea is toget what has been promised more likely to be ? or closer delivered towhat has been promised. Does that make any sense to you? It\'s kind ofmuddled. Look, there\'s a series of things that cause the ? like, forexample, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, asopposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that wecalculate ? the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed towage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if thatwere put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fastthe promised benefits grow, if those ? if that growth is affected, itwill help on the red.\\\" ?George W. Bush, explaining his plan to saveSocial Security, Tampa, Fla., Feb. 4, 2005
\\\"You work three jobs?  ? Uniquely American, isn\'t it? I mean, that is fantastic that you\'re doing that.\\\"
\\\"After all, Europe is America\'s closest ally.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Mainz, Germany, Feb. 23, 2005
\\\"I\'malso mindful that man should never try to put words in God\'s mouth. Imean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else toGod. We are in no way, shape, or form should a human being, play God.\\\"?George W. Bush, ABC\'s 20/20, Washington D.C., Jan. 14, 2005
\\\"Iwant to appreciate those of you who wear our nation\'s uniform for yoursacrifice.\\\" ?George W. Bush, Jacksonville, Fla., Jan. 14, 2005
\"Ispeak plainly sometimes, but you\'ve got to be mindful of theconsequences of the words. So put that down. I don\'t know if you\'d callthat a confession, a regret, something.\" ?George W. Bush, speaking toreporters, Washington, D.C., Jan. 14, 2005
\"Whocould have possibly envisioned an erection ? an election in Iraq atthis point in history?\" ?George W. Bush, at the white House,Washington, D.C., Jan. 10, 2005
\"Weneed to apply 21st-century information technology to the health carefield. We need to have our medical records put on the I.T.\" ?George W.Bush, Collinsville, Ill., Jan. 5, 2005
\"Ibelieve we are called to do the hard work to make our communities andquality of life a better place.\" ?George W. Bush, Collinsville, Ill.,Jan. 5, 2005

?George W. Bush, to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio)

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
conversation  曼省名人  发表于 2007-12-3 22:14:42 | 显示全部楼层
=   =!OMG
施主,您又装屄了

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Family  贵宾  发表于 2007-12-4 02:03:28 | 显示全部楼层

(story)How do we judge our value system

How do we put our value system to the test?  I believe there are only two tests.  The ultimate test is called the Mama Test.  Whenever you are doing, whatever you are doing, wherever and with whomever, at home or at work, alone or with someone, if values are in question, ask yourself:\"If my mama were to see me doing what I am doing right now, would she be proud of me and say \'Attaboy!\' or would she hang her head in shame?\"  Your values would be clarified rather quickly.  If you passed the Mama Test and failed all other tests, you have passed.  If you failed the Mama Test and passed all other tests, you have failed.

This is worth repeating .  Think about it.  Whenever you need value clarification, ask yourself:\" If my mama were to see me doing whatever I am doing, would she be proud of me and say \'Attaboy!\' or would she hang her head in shame?\"  The clouds will clear rather quickly and you will get your answers easily.

If the Mama Test doesn\'t do it, I have another test called the Baba Test.  Whenever you are doing, whatever you are doing, wherever and with whomever, at home or at work, alone or with someone, if values are in question, ask yourself:\" If my children were to see me doing what I am doing right now, would I want them to see it, or would I be embarrassed?\"  Again the clouds will clear rather quickly and you will get your answers.

If these two tests don\'t clarify a person\'s values, then that person is no longer a human being and has conscience left.
无聊的猪猪!郁闷的肥肥!!懒惰的胖胖!!!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Family  贵宾  发表于 2007-12-4 02:04:17 | 显示全部楼层
Just want to practice my typing skill,  maybe many people knew the story before.
无聊的猪猪!郁闷的肥肥!!懒惰的胖胖!!!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Robin  曼省名人  发表于 2007-12-4 21:44:58 | 显示全部楼层
pretty interesting...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注

粉丝

主题